Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Production Department is seeking to add a talented Material Handler to our facility in Ashville, Ohio. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
The Ashville Plant’s manufacturing processes include continuous coil coating paint lines and metal slitting operations. Applicants assigned to the Material Handler position in the Production Department will perform job duties providing material handling support for the coil coating lines and slitting operations.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Aleris safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes.
• Notify appropriate personnel of irregularities in operating equipment or materials; maintain clean and orderly conditions in work area.
• Under supervision, coordinate and carry out various operations in the performance of any assignment
• Operating a variety of mobile equipment including, but not limited to; forklift and overhead crane.
• Packs coils at slitting and coating lines
• Stretch wraps coils
• Loading and unloading of aluminum coils with overhead cranes and forklifts.
• Entering production data into computers.
• Supporting the Company’s continuous improvement process.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, shifts and holidays.
• Must achieve a passing score on Work Key testing.
• Is a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
• Must demonstrate a willingness to participate in plant safety initiatives.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and be capable of self-direction.
• Good verbal communication skills are required.
• Basic computer and math skills are required.
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
• Good decision-making skills are required.
• Basic knowledge of hand tools and possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Previous manufacturing experience and material handling experience are preferred.
• Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change daily and by the hour.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.