Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
The Aleris Lewisport Rolling Mill is looking to add a talented Manager of Master Planning to their team. Purpose of this role is to manage, establish, review, and maintain a master production schedule for the plant. Core responsibilities are the cast ingot and hot roll master planning process, including optimization of production. This high-level position is responsible for the master production plan, inventory forecasting, capacity management, intercompany purchase transactions and scheduling efficiency.
• Responsible for establishing, managing, and reviewing a master production schedule for the plant, making sure production is optimized.
• Will act as back up for Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for leading a total of nine direct and indirect reports.
• Leads a team of planners in the effective execution of master planning schedule; provide training, coaching, and support for direct and indirect reports.
• Leads the planning team in supporting corporate, plant, and business unit strategies, initiatives, and metrics by defining and tracking on time delivery, master production schedule, and material downtime performance.
• Develops and redefines standard planning processes.
• Mentors and leads production planners, ensuring proper training and development on build readiness procedures.
• Is a team champion and lead administrator of demand management process. This includes developing and controlling customer commits to the demand plan, maintaining an achievable build and ship plan, and monitoring and maintaining work center capacity through use of capacity analysis tools.
• Supports the monthly S&OP process by tracking and communicating all revenue upside and risks, maintaining tools to understand financial impact of work center performance, and maintaining a capacity model.
• Develops and communicates a firm understanding of cross functional responsibilities, processes, and goals. Understands supply chain, inventory control, and manufacturing; recognizes critical components, pricing, lead time, and high inventory stocks.
• Acts as team lead in WIP tracking capabilities, BOM structuring, and process routings.
• Manages sales and operations, as well as demand management and forecasting process.
• With the supply chain and operations managers, devises business and supply chain strategy for the casting and hot mill areas.
• Effectively manages the production plan, inventory forecasting, capacity management, intercompany purchase transactions and scheduling efficiency.
• Works with the Aleris Operating System team (AOS) to continuously improve processes, using lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Acts as a project manager for the periodic introduction and efficiency improvement for technology and IT solutions.
• Operates safely and within all applicable laws, regulations and company policy and provide safety information and instructions to the work team to reduce potential unsafe conditions and acts.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, supply chain management, or industrial engineering, is required.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a supply chain supervision role with increasing responsibility is required.
• APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification is desirable.
• Experience in a master planning environment required.
• Experience in the metals industry, preferably in an aluminum rolling mill, highly desirable.
• Master level experience with Microsoft office suite required. Experience implementing and executing production schedules with a supply chain optimization software is preferred.
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail is an essential part of the job.
• Position requires occasional travel to other Aleris locations (10-25%).
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the position.