Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Identifies areas of potential improvement in the processes, equipment, and facilities to achieve increased profitability through reduced costs, increased throughput, improved quality, and market penetration.
• Working closely with the Maintenance Manager develops conceptual and functional requirements for short and long term process and equipment development (facility planning) consistent with the business plan.
• Compares alternatives and recommends to the Maintenance Manager cost effective solutions for productivity, cost, quality, safety and environment improvements.
• Develops cost estimates and schedules for Maintenance capital projects.
• Analyzes projected financial impact of proposed process, equipment and facilities modifications.
• Prepares and presents ACR’s for management approval.
• Manages the full scope of Mechanical Maintenance projects including cost control, schedule, and compliance with safety and environmental requirements, to assure performance against expectations.
• Develops, coordinates and manages external resources including contractors, vendors and engineering.
• Provides functional and technical direction to plant maintenance and operating salary and hourly staffs.
• Participates as a member and/or leader on process development and work teams as requested Management.
• Supports Plant Manager as requested in a staff role by attending meetings and providing counsel.
• Communicates both verbally and in writing to plant and group management to keep management informed of activities.
• Develops personal training plan for professional and technical growth to stay current with state-of-the-art equipment and process development.
• Functionally directs, leads and supervises maintenance technicians to resolve maintenance and engineering problems and to develop training programs on processes and equipment for the maintenance staffs.
• Provides technical consultation service to managerial staff.
• Assists the Maintenance Manager in developing the technical and process skills of the hourly mechanical crews.
• Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and other technical resources outside of the company.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.