Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer good.
Our maintenance department is seeking to add a talented Electrician to our Uhrichsville Recycle facility. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
• Assemble, install, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, components, boxes and equipment using hand and power tools.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers and other components.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment utilizing testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure the compatibility and safety of the system.
• Controls downtime through routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides electrical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience: Minimum education of either a High School Diploma or GED. Two to three years work experience in a heavy industrial setting. Prior experience working as an electrician in a maintenance department of an industrial manufacturer (1-3 years minimum depending on quality of experience).
Required Skills: Successful candidates must pass an entry-level assessment, an electrical MTC skills test, and hands-on assessment. Strong mechanical, analytical, and solution-driven skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess strong electrical comprehension and troubleshooting abilities. Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Stong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Preferred Skills: PLC controls
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of radiation and vibration.
The noise level in the environment is loud.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.