Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add a talented ISO Coordinator to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility to provide leadership and direction relative to maintenance and upkeep of the entire ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
• Maintain a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
• Maintain Quality Management System documentation for ISO9001:2015 in accordance with required standards and facility practices. This includes the top level documentation (ie Quality Manual, and Quality Procedures).
• Maintain and conduct Internal Quality Audits, audit schedules, and supporting documentation.
• Maintain quality control system by working with all Department Managers, Supervisors and interested parties relative to the development and upkeep of Job Instructions.
• Administer corrective actions and reporting relative to any non-conformances to the ISO quality system as generated from internal audits, management reviews or other means.
• Is a resource to production department related to quality information. Support operational efforts through data analysis and project coordination.
• Presents a positive image of Aleris to those inside and outside the company. Behaves in a professional manner, consistent with the Aleris Core Values and Code of Conduct and Business Ethics Policy. A positive role model.
• Provide back-up support relative to the administration of the quality/manufacturing specification system including the development and maintenance of all quality specifications.
• Provide back-up support relative to the development of PPAP’s (production part approval process) for all automotive customers as required.
• Provide back-up support relative to the development of customer material certifications as required.
• Maintain databases of customer claims, and other relevant quality and production information.
• Provide support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by manager.
• High School diploma or GED
• Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational, and telephone communication skills. Computer competency in database management and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to learn new software packages quickly and apply knowledge to daily tasks and projects.
• Proven ability to work cross-functionally and have the ability to bring together appropriate people and information to make timely, effective decisions.
• Ability to work in conceptual and theoretical project design and for the creation of improved systems.
• Must be able to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case by case basis as encountered.
• Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role’s accountabilities and exercise discretion when determining if direction from manager is needed.
• Must be able to recognize data needed in order to make decisions, collect data, and analyze in order to determine direction in which to proceed. If issue is beyond authority level or scope of work, must recommend plan of action to manager in order to proceed.
• Ability to achieve results, manage multiple tasks and objectives and to manage change.
• Associate’s Degree preferred or 5+ years of relevant Quality/Manufacturing System experience.
• Experience working within a manufacturing facility
• Knowledge of processes and principles regarding the ISO9001:2015 quality system.
• Certified ISO auditor.
• Technical writing skills.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.