Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer good.
Our production team is seeking to add talented Equipment Operators to our Uhrichsville Recycle facility. This role will safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
• Operating a variety of mobile equipment including, but not limited to; forklift, skid steer, overhead crane.
• Notify appropriate personnel of irregularities in operating equipment or materials; maintain clean and orderly conditions in work area.
• Under supervision, coordinate and carry out various operations in the performance of any assignment.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Aleris safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes.
• All other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Must achieve a passing score on the entry level assessment.
• Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
• Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
• Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
• Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change frequently based on operational needs.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
• Experience operating a variety of mobile equipment.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions