Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Reliability Engineer to its CALP Maintenance Team in Lewisport, KY. The purpose of this role is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
• Ensures reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/ security systems.
• Works with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations by using the life cycle asset management process.
• Tracks production losses and abnormally high maintenance cost assets and finds ways to reduce those losses and high costs through root cause and failure analysis. Implements cost reduction plans.
• Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans in assigned area.
• Participates in the development, and evaluation, of criteria for equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
• Performs the final check-out of new installations, including factory and site acceptance testing.
• Defines, designs, and develops an asset maintenance plan that includes value added preventive maintenance tasks; and predictive testing methodologies to identify reliability problems.
• Provides input to a risk management plan that anticipates reliability-related and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
• Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations, such as capacity, cost, quality, or regulatory compliance issues, by using data analysis techniques such as Six Sigma, statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, and root cause analysis, and failure analysis.
• Works closely with production to perform analyses of assets including asset utilization, equipment effectiveness, and other parameters that define operating condition.
• Assigns work to reliability technicians and reviews their data findings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering required. In exceptional circumstances, industrial experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in a heavy industrial environment required.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely align with requirements of the position.