Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Purpose of the role:
Provide administrative and clerical support to Purchasing, HR, Safety, AOS, Quality and Operations as directed by the Plant Manager at our Buckhannon, WV facility.
1. Perform general office and support duties such as answering phones, distributing mail, preparing courier shipments, rooms and operating copiers/ fax machines.
2. Prepare and create presentations, daily and monthly data collection, etc. using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, including graphics, charts, objects/ pictures etc.
3. Update and maintain the facilities bargaining unit and staff vacation monthly schedule.
4. Maintain company phone listing and cell phone listing for the facility.
5. Supporting the Aleris safety processes and objectives by participating in the Observation process, attending plant safety meetings.
6. Administer employee safety shoe program.
7. Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS-ORACLE) records and compile reports from database.
8. Maintain employee documentation and personnel files according to applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
9. Compiles and maintains payroll related information for exempt and non-exempt employees. Reconciles weekly payroll, tracks attendance as well as paid time off, and processes all pay actions.
10. Accounts Payable clerk – Perform 3 way match (requisition, receiver, invoice) on all AP invoices
11. Invoicing – Create sales invoices in manufacturing system, send to customer, and upload to Oracle daily
12. Filing of payable invoices, customer shop orders, payroll documents, and customer master files
13. Receive Re-roll on S/C tracking sheet in Excel with reconciliation to Oracle receipt system.
14. Purchase and maintain office supply inventory
15. Perform other duties as assigned
16. Fill in utility role for Accounting, Sales, Shipping and Purchasing.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. An Associates degree is preferred.
Previous experience providing administrative support to management personnel and/or a multiple department settings is required.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written format. Must have ability to plan one’s own work according to multiple task priorities while experiencing frequent interruptions. Must be proficient in Microsoft Business Applications software in order to complete tasks and special projects as assigned by manager. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to speak confidentially in front of groups of employees. Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner when interacting with callers and visitors to the facility.
Previous experience processing attendance and payroll utilizing Kronos and UltiPro systems.
Must have the ability to determine the best way to complete multiple tasks with similar deadlines.
Most often will collect data and present information to manager with a recommendation as how to proceed.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.