Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. We are seeking to add a talented Maintenance Electrician to our Buckhannon West Virginia facility. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Assemble, install, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, components, boxes and equipment using hand and power tools.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers and other components.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment utilizing testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure the compatibility and safety of the system.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Work from ladders, platforms, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring and equipment. Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other misc. electrical functions.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides electrical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience: Minimum education of either a High School Diploma or GED. Two to three years work experience in a heavy industrial setting. Prior experience working as an electrician in a maintenance department of an industrial manufacturer (1-3 years minimum depending on quality of experience).
Required Skills: Successful Maintenance Electrician candidates must pass electrical skills test. Strong mechanical, electrical, analytical, and solution-driven skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess strong electrical comprehension and troubleshooting abilities. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Stong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Preferred Skills: PLC controls
Decision Making: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Analytical Thinking: Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.