Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add 3 talented Maintenance Electricians to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility.
Pay and Benefits
Evening shift positions (6pm-6am) with top rate of pay $30.45/hr, plus applicable shift premium. Average annual compensation for employees in this role in 2017 was $84,500. We are a continuous (24/7) operation. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/company match, and quarterly bonus program 5% opportunity.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
• Participates in the fabrication, installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of electrical and mechanical devices, systems, and facilities of varying design or complexity.
• Interprets blueprints, manufacturers’ specifications, written and verbal instructions.
• Performs required preventative/predictive maintenance.
• Troubleshoots and repairs equipment to minimize unscheduled downtime.
• Supports and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Maintains accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork as required.
• Displays initiative and completes tasks with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and has the ability to work in a team environment.
• Maintains quality service/product by establishing, following, and enforcing organization ISO9001:2015 quality system standards.
• Provides support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• 5+ years multi-craft electrical experience and aptitude with industrial machinery & equipment.
• Possess ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
• Perform lifting up to 50lbs; some lifting above 50lbs.
• Possess strong trouble shooting skills
• NFPA 70E and NEC understanding
• Pass vision screening test
• Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
• Demonstrated ability to weld, both gas and electric
• Knowledge of PLCs
• Demonstrated forklift experience
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.