Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add 2 talented Maintenance Mechanics to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility.
Pay and Benefits
Evening shift positions with salary range $25.88/hr - $29.18/hr, plus applicable shift premium. We are a continuous (24/7) operation, working 12 hour shifts. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/company match, and gain sharing program.
• Maintains a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
• Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and services industrial machinery and equipment.
• Completes preventative/predictive maintenance requirements as scheduled.
• Performs general building maintenance.
• Supports and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and has the ability to work in a team environment
• Displays initiative and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
• Maintains accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork as required.
• Maintains quality service/product by establishing, following, and enforcing organization ISO9001:2015 quality system standards.
• Provides support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• 5+ years mechanical experience and aptitude with industrial machinery & equipment
• Possess experience in operating shop equipment, working from prints & schematics, and a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
• Perform shop arithmetic
• Possess troubleshooting skills
• Perform lifting up to 50 lbs; some lifting above 50 lbs
• Pass vision screening test
• Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required
• Demonstrated ability to weld, both gas and electric
• Black seal license
• Demonstrated forklift experience
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.