Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer good.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Mechanical Specialist to our team at the Lincolnshire, IL Finishing Plant. The Mechanical Specialist is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical equipment related to coil processing production equipment and will require skills to diagnose and repair problems and perform preventative maintenance inspections.
Our Mechanical Specialists start at $25.99 per hour and grow to $26.51 after 1 year.
In addition, we offer up to a 30% monthly gainsharing bonus of eligible earnings!
For 2018, the plan has paid an average of 26%, indicating incentive pay potential of approximately $14,000 annually.
All employees are eligible for competitive medical, dental and vision insurance which begins first of the month after hire.
We also offer 401K, including Company match up to 2.5% as well as additional Employer contributions of 4% after one year of employment, paid holiday and vacation.
• Must be a leader in safety and be a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
• Team player and self-starter.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work from drawings and sketches. Must demonstrate comprehension of engineering specifications and technical manuals.
• Knowledge and hands on experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, pumps, power transmissions, PM programs, welding, lubrication, and rigging.
• Knowledge of bearing installation, lubrication, alignment and failure causes
Willingness to train and improve knowledge and skills.
• Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or related field preferred and three to five years industrial skills.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.