Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe, and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Roll Shop and Reliability Superintendent to its Maintenance Team.
Purpose of this role is to manage the direction of roll shop processes for the achievement of both short-term and long-term objectives in safety and compliance, equipment reliability, product quality and cost reduction.
Manage maintenance for the roll shop and associated equipment in support of meeting or exceeding the quality and throughput requirements of the plant.
• Provide effective leadership to encourage employee involvement in meeting roll shop goals, maintaining a climate of consistency and trust.
• Ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/ security systems.
• Control and reduce operating costs for assigned cost centers.
• Develop a skilled team through training, performance measurement and feedback.
• Implement and monitor proactive maintenance work methods, utilizing preventive and predictive maintenance tools.
• Study and standardize procedures to continuously improve the efficient use of financial and human resources in the performance of duties.
• Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations, such as capacity, cost, quality, or regulatory compliance issues, by using data analysis techniques such as Six Sigma, , statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, root cause and failure analysis, among others.
• Develop and initiate yearly departmental operation plans.
• Provide an effective communication link with all individuals and work groups across the business unit.
• Plan and task work for the continuous (7 x 24) operation of the Roll Shop.
• Lead the efforts of root cause failure analysis, with recommended solutions.
• Utilizing technical experience and knowledge provide support to production, maintenance, planning, quality and engineering personnel.
• Lead the planning of future maintenance activities and development of process improvements to enhance equipment reliability.
• Operate safely and within all applicable laws, regulations and company policy; implements and monitors safety performance and improvements.
• A four-year degree in Engineering or Technology and at least five years’ maintenance leadership in an industrial environment required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills.
• Experience leading a roll shop, preferably in an aluminum mill, is required.
• Necessitates excellent interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management, and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of reliability tool set is essential.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely align with the requirements of the position.