Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Maintenance Mechanic at our Buckhannon, West Virginia facility.
The position requires maintenance experience to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot industrial equipment that uses power transmission equipment, hydraulic systems, and compressed air devices. Some light electrical work is required. This includes having some knowledge and respect electrically to be able to work in an open cabinet to reset devices, replace fuses, and use of a multimeter. The open position is a 10 hour, Mon – Thurs shift with working hours of 3 pm to 1 am.
Duties and Working Procedure:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Previous maintenance experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, drug screen, and maintenance/mechanical test
• Electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience operating a variety of mobile equipment.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.