Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Clayton, NJ facility is seeking to add a talented Operations Planner to our team. The purpose of this role is to provide instrumental support to ensure the facility is ready to take on the needs of our customers. The position calls for an individual who is highly organized and understands the processes that drive an effective supply chain, ultimately preparing the right individual to become the main production planner for the facility.
Health, Safety & Environmental
• Maintains a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates behaviors that align with the Aleris safety principles and holds oneself accountable for results.
• Ability to develop monthly aggregate Capacity versus Demand plans and spot imbalances that could disrupt supply or create under-utilization.
• Ability to create and issue schedules to the shop floor.
• Spends significant amount of floor time engaging employees and supervisors regarding schedules and machine center performance.
• Works towards the highest level of customer satisfaction (SOTIF), while maintaining efficiency and cost discipline.
• Updates Scheduling Module (V8) asset performance factors quarterly to ensure accuracy of schedules and flush out adverse trends.
• Reports out daily to leadership & supervisors on significant variances to schedule adherence.
• Develops product flow routings & Manufacturing Orders.
• Leads management of 3rd party processors for material flow, inventory levels, and product changes.
• Mines customer sales history to create defined FG inventory buffers and leverage opportunities to reduce changeovers.
• Understands the need to service customers while maintaining cost effective operation.
• Posts scheduled loads into third party internet based freight system.
• Creates shipping documents, export papers, and lab certifications.
• Documents daily receipts and communicates location of stored materials.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi task and make sound decisions based on specific situation.
• Communicates professionally to external customers the status of their shipments and manage difficult situations to the best possible outcome.
• Maintains good inventory control practices for raw materials, and finished goods.
• Ability to create inventory cycle counts, and systematically reconcile inventory.
• Reports out on discrepancies, and implements processes to ensure better controls.
• Ability to define stock levels and re-order points for raw materials used in the facility.
• Leads quarterly review of Aged and Obsolete items.
• Actively follow-ups and pushes for closure on open items.
Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication
• Works within the parameters created by the ISO9001:2015 quality system, including modification and development of work instructions.
• Identify best practices, facilitate continuous improvements with team, and allocate responsibilities for implementing improvement plans.
• Proactively builds trust and effective working relationships with other departments; coordinates daily with Operations Manager and/or Production Planner to review schedules.
• Supports compliance to department budget, optimizes schedules, and inventory levels to achieve EBITA goals and customer satisfaction.
• Implements Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for schedule adherence, asset performance, and inventory control.
• Demonstrates respect to employees, peers, managers, customers, suppliers, etc.
• Communicates with Customer Service and/or Corporate Logistics to resolve shipping and delivery issues.
• Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR team will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and are most closely aligned with the requirements of the position.