Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
We are seeking to add a talented Mechanical Engineer to our Maintenance & Engineering department at our facility located in Clayton, NJ.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or degree in related engineering field.
• Knowledge of SPC principles, tools, and techniques.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
• Must have the ability and confidence to make decisions relating to role's accountabilities.
• Ability to function on a team as a member and as a team leader.
• Sufficient interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with contractors, customers, employees, and government regulatory agencies at all levels.
• 1 – 3 years of progressive responsibility in a manufacturing environment, abreast of present aluminum processing technology.
• 1 – 3 years of experience in aluminum (or similar industry) processing systems.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.