Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Electrician to our team at the Davenport, Iowa Finishing Plant.
• Performs breakdown, corrective, renovative and preventative electrical maintenance.
• Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test instruments.
• Repairs malfunctions by replacing fuses, defective wiring, and cleaning or repairing motors and controls.
• Applies knowledge of gauges, wiring diagrams, schematics and properties of electricity to trouble-shoot disabled or malfunctioning equipment.
• Plans procedures, develops sketches, selects tools, equipment and materials best suited for job.
• Maintains communication equipment and wiring.
• Diagnoses and remedies furnace burner problems.
• Climbs on buildings towers, and equipment to make inspections, repairs, and installations.
• Considers all safety precautions and proper isolation of circuits to provide maximum safety precautions and a minimum of interference to operations. Follows all safety procedures and energy control (lockout/tagout). Utilizes JSA’s.
• Operates forklift and uses articulating and rotating boom hoist, telescoping hoist, scissors lift, and pick-up truck.
• Must be a leader in safety. Is a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
• Team player and self-starter.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Electrical aptitude.
• Understanding of National Electrical Code.
• PLC/Ladder Logic experience and knowledge.
• Motor drive knowledge and experience.
• Ability to work from blueprints and written instructions.
• Electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Capable of running conduit and running wiring.
• Understanding of electrical distribution principles.
• Willingness to train and improve knowledge and skills.
• Three to five years industrial electrical experience or combination of training and work experience.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely align with requirements of the position.