Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add talented Furnace Cast Pit Operators to its team located at our Richmond, VA facility.
Aleris offers a full benefits package including Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance and 401K plan with matching contributions; the rate of pay for this position is $22.43 per hour.
•Assurance of Quality & Safety Standards.
• Ensure timely and accurate production.
• Participation in teams to enhance the integrity of our drive for excellence.
• Moderate lifting and bending.
• Utilize forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. to unload, move, stack and load various materials.
• Comply with the following:
• Follow SOP, Quality, and Safety procedure with particular attention on Molten Metal Handling and Mobile equipment.
• Scrap charging into Melting Furnace and mixing with molten metal.
• Inspect all scrap before charging into melting furnace.
• Fluxing the furnace at the beginning of a charge.
• Molten metal pump operations and furnace operations.
• Do preventive maintenance as required.
• Furnace De-Drossing.
• Metal transfer to holding furnace.
• Apply 5S and housekeeping in coordination with the shift.
• Operate and understand wonder ware.
• Operate and inspect fork trucks.
• Operate and inspect backhoe.
• Operate and inspect front end loader.
• Operate and inspect cranes and hoists.
• Scanning tickets and recording all scrap and weight that’s put in melting furnace.
• Regulates flow of metal from trough into casting pot.
• Operate and understand the shot transfer system.
• Monitor furnace/bag house temperatures.
-Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.