Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Production department is seeking to add a talented Melting Utility team member to our Davenport Casting facility. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Aleris safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes.
• Provide material handling services for the Melting and Blending Departments.
• Follows departmental processes with regard to monitoring metal flow, temperature, and appearance of melters.
• Follows departmental quality processes and takes appropriate samples.
• Operates a variety of mobile equipment.
• Communicates with other departments to coordinate metal flow and maintain operating standards.
• Assist others to provide an organized and clean workplace including assigned areas of the plant, workstations, equipment, walkways and locker rooms.
• Must be a leader in safety. Demonstrated willingness to support all safety initiatives.
• Ability to become a qualified forklift and excavator operator. Complete and pass training on assigned material handling equipment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to understand, speak, and read English.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Able to use hand and power tools.
• Ability to understand and follow plant safety rules and departmental safety practices
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
• Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen.
• Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
• Post high school education.
• Previous experience working in a heavy industrial and/or manufacturing environment.