Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Production Department is seeking to add a talented Slitter Operator to our facility in Ashville, Ohio. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
The Ashville Plant’s manufacturing processes include continuous coil coating paint lines and metal slitting operations. Applicants assigned to the Material Handler position in the Production Department will perform job duties providing material handling support for the coil coating lines and slitting operations.
· High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, shifts and holidays.
· Must achieve a passing score on Work Key testing.
· Is a safe worker who demonstrates concern for personal safety and safety of others.
· Must demonstrate a willingness to participate in plant safety initiatives.
· Must be able to work as part of a team and be capable of self-direction.
· Good verbal communication skills are required.
· Basic computer and math skills are required.
· Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
· Must be capable and willing to train in other job classifications.
· Good decision-making skills are required.
· Basic knowledge of hand tools and possess a mechanical aptitude.
· Previous manufacturing experience and material handling experience are preferred.
· Must be flexible as job focus and assignments may change daily and by the hour. .
· Forklift certification from a previous company and/or state agency.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.