Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Logistics Coordinator to its Supply Chain team at the Davenport, Casting Plant. The purpose of this role is to perform various supply chain activities to support the overall production and shipment of aluminum rolled products to our customers. Duties include the coordination of inbound and outbound truck traffic flow to and from our Casting facility.
• Demonstrate an exemplary safety record through compliance of all safety rules and policies. Report potential hazardous situations when identified.
• Communicate across various groups both internal and external in support of supply chain activities.
• Maintain schedule of incoming scrap loads to meet scrap receiving requirements and inventory guidelines.
• Certify scale weights of incoming scrap loads and outgoing coil loads to meet purchasing and billing requirements.
• Control and keep records on visitor traffic.
• Must be knowledgeable of all shipping and receiving procedures.
• Maintains load schedule logs, coil truck logs and other miscellaneous delivery logs along with preparation of reports and scale tickets.
• Be able to deal professionally with truck drivers and other visitors of the Casting plant.
• Must be able to learn all functions and reports of shipping and receiving systems.
• Participate in the AOS principles that eliminates waste, reduce costs, and meets Customer’s requirements and on-time delivery (including Kaizen participation).
• Perform other supply chain activities as needed to balance workload across the team.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience. A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred for advancement in the supply chain group.
• Supply chain experience including MRP and logistics is preferred.
• Basic familiarity with mainframe ERP systems is desirable.
• Familiarity with continuous improvement systems is preferred
• Excellent verbal communications skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point) is a must with the ability to enter data with 95% accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts and on weekends if necessary.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.