Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Planner in our Supply Chain department. The purpose of this role is to plan lot tickets within standard practice and quality control guidelines to optimize productivity. Also, to plan lot tickets for shortages, reapplication of salvage material, planning orders and diverting overages to meet customer product specifications.
• Provide and communicate detailed improvement activity and resource scheduling.
• Monitor and ensure visibility into the execution timeline of activities while acting as a point of contact.
• Coordinate resource allocation and loading.
• Utilize production and engineering specifications to produce detailed schedules, material requirement lists and production plans to support the operations.
• Work with management to organize schedule changes due to design changes and material and manpower shortages.
• Schedule tasks with the utmost competency to achieve established packing performance, and goals, to meet Customer requirements, and improve internal / external rejections associated with scheduling errors.
• Plan lot tickets that consist of QCI’s that meet metallurgical specifications.
• Participate in the AOS principles that eliminates waste, reduce costs, and meets Customer’s requirements and on-time delivery (including Kaizen participation).
o Maintain agreed to limits for WIP and FG inventories.
o Effective utilization of ALL Depot stock / Other Stock to meet Customer requirements – including the maintenance of stocking programs, buffers and short lead-time programs.
o Utilization of IE standards into the scheduling system.
• Identify opportunities to reduce costs through eliminating waste and improve pack / ship performance.
o Achieve packing performance goals, excluding internal rejections.
o Assist in planning optimization efforts within ingot, rolling or flow path planning.
• Work within a team environment to maximize efficiency in the scheduling of equipment, and improve packing performance. Identify opportunities for improvement that eliminates waste to reduce costs.
• Demonstrate an exemplary safety record through compliance of all safety rules and policies. Report potential hazardous situations when identified.
A bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of planning experience in an industrial environment is required, or any other combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skill set for the role.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point) is a must.
• Basic familiarity with mainframe systems is desirable.
• Understanding of industrial engineering & maintenance preferred.
• Familiarity with Lean Kaizen techniques and Visual Management; LSS GB preferred.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the position.