Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Davenport Casting facility is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Supervisor. The purpose of this role is to analyze, recommend improvements, efficiently organize and manage the direction of maintenance area work teams and processes for the achievement of both short-term and long-term objectives in safety and compliance, equipment reliability, product quality and cost reduction.
• Manage assigned department to cost effectively supply services to sustain the quality and throughput requirements of the plant.
• Provide effective leadership for maintenance employees under direct supervision in meeting departmental goals.
• Operate safely and within all applicable laws, regulations and company policy.
• Implement and monitor safety programs and performance.
• Implement and monitor proactive maintenance work methods.
• Control and reduce operating costs for assigned cost centers.
• Develop a skilled team through training, performance measurement and feedback.
• Study and standardize procedures to continuously improve the efficient use of financial and human resources in the performance of duties.
• Develop and initiate yearly departmental operation plans.
• Maintain a climate of consistency, trust and employee involvement.
• Provide effective communication link with all individuals and work groups across the department.
• Create and maintain work schedules to expedite work flow.
• Maintain the shops and associated equipment, to ensure continued operation of the plant.
• Plan and task work for the continuous (7 x 24) operation of the department.
• Bachelors of Science or Associates Degree plus at least five (5) years of industrial maintenance experience preferred.
• Excellent leading, interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in a union environment preferred.
• Ability to engage, develop, and lead work groups to reach their maximum potential in achieving both short-term and long-term desired outcomes of the department. Ability to create a cooperative, safe, and productive work environment that seeks input from each worker.
• Ability to interpret and diagnose problems, accumulate significant data, seek contributions, sort data, and initiate actions to prevent or overcome problems.
• Ability to readily observe and define processes to generate ideas for improvements, to develop operating plans, and to operate to maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely align with requirements of the position.