Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Rolled Products North America division is seeking to add a talented Planner to its Supply Chain team at our Davenport, Iowa Finishing Plant. The purpose of this role is to perform various supply chain activities to support the overall production and shipment of aluminum rolled products to our customers. Planning will include using MRP and lot tickets to manage materials throughout the production process as well as replenishment of materials procured from suppliers. Inventory duties will include reconciliation of cycle counts and performing adjustments. Logistics responsibilities will include scheduling of inbound and outbound trucks between plants and to our customers.
In this role you will be expected to participate in various initiatives and perform at expected levels to achieve overall success.
• Demonstrate an exemplary safety record through compliance of all safety rules and policies. Report potential hazardous situations when identified.
• Communicate across various groups both internal and external in support of planning activities.
• Utilize product specifications to produce detailed schedules, material requirement lists and production plans to support the operations.
• Work with management to organize and update schedules due to changes from customers, material availability and manpower.
• Schedule tasks with the utmost competency to achieve established packing performance, and goals, to meet Customer requirements, and improve internal / external rejections associated with scheduling errors.
• Perform transactions according to the required planning processes.
• Generate reports from existing systems as well as create new ones to drive decisions and optimize productivity.
• Participate in the AOS principles that eliminates waste, reduce costs, and meets Customer’s requirements and on-time delivery (including Kaizen participation).
• Maintain agreed to limits for WIP and FG inventories.
• Effective utilization of ALL Depot stock / Other Stock to meet Customer requirements including the maintenance of stocking programs, buffers and short lead-time programs.
• Assist in planning optimization efforts within ingot, rolling or flow path planning.
• Perform other supply chain activities as needed to balance workload across the team.
• A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
• Supply chain experience including MRP and logistics is preferred.
• Project management experience in an industrial setting preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point) is a must.
• Basic familiarity with mainframe ERP systems is desirable.
• Familiarity with continuous improvement systems is preferred
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely align with requirements of the position.