Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
Purpose of Role:
To work as a member of the Buckhannon team as a Material Handler in order to assist in the production of quality products which meet internal quality standards and customer specifications ensuring customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Primary Function: To operate powered industrial trucks in handling aluminum coils, materials, supplies, and provide service to production and maintenance operations.
Position Duties Include:
• Provide service to coil processing machines.
• Supply machines with aluminum coils in accordance with production schedule.
• Locate and store coils at machines for next process.
• Load coils on coil carts for operators to place on payoff arbors.
• Take finished material to next process.
• Assist operators/assistants with arbor changes.
• Use tip overs to put coils eye to the sky when necessary.
• Return empty steel drums to the rolling mills.
• Store stock tagged material in correct location.
• Preoperational inspection of lift trucks.
• Provide slitting machines with fiber cores when necessary.
• Assist operators/assistants with scrap and transporting to the proper area.
• Keep work areas as neat and clean as possible.
• Observe all safety rules and signage.
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous Industrial work experience utilizing a Forklift
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Aleris offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which include: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, 401(k) Plan, Life, and S&A.